Friday, April 11, 2014

Another Month Another Adventure

Here we are in Huatulco Mexico. Check out the pictures I uploaded of around the city and out with Carl and Angela who came to visit. We have been here over a month and plan to leave Liebling here for a few more months. During our time here we have made some wonderful friends not only on our docks but some who live here either full time or for 6 months per year. Most of the people that we have met are Canadian as I think that they have discovered this area and Americans have not just yet. But by all accounts we think that this place will be the next Cabo. I just hope that it doesn’t happen for a while. During our stay here we have been invited to parties and social events put on by some of local residents. We have gone to concerts, tours, and explored the wonderful town of La Crucecita and feel that this is the best Pacific coast area bar none. We have been asked by one of our land friends if we would consider driving an RV from here to Vancouver, BC, as the owner got very sick and had to be flown back to Canada for surgery. She had to leave her RV and dog Dustin behind. This is not something we had even thought of doing but as the lady and dog need a helping hand and she is paying the travel expenses and you know we long for adventures we have decided to do it. So we will be driving the 3800 miles from Huatulco, Mexico to Vancouver, BC. I figure that it will be another story I can tell when I get old! We plan on heading northeast to the Gulf of Mexico and travel up the Pacific coastline to Brownsville, Texas and enter the US there. This is the shortest route out of Mexico to get home. The motorhome is comfortable and we will see some of Mexico and the US we have not seen before. We will also be able to stop and visit family and friends along the way. What fun and another great adventure!! We plan to leave on Monday April 14th spend two nights getting to the border and another week and a half to get up to the NW. Needless to say I am looking forward to cooler weather as it gets 90-94 degrees in the cabin every day. Think of us next week as we start out on our road trip adventure. I will post again when we get to the states. Thinking of you all and look forward to seeing you soon!! We are very busy right now trying to get Lielbling buttoned down while we are away. We are getting used to having Dustin the dog with us and all the responsibility that it brings. I am the one who take care of him but he follows Jim everywhere. Go figure. I do think that even if Jim won't admit it he like Dustin too. Dustin reminds me of my dog Sam and Jim tells me that sometimes I even call Dustin by that name. Love you Linda and Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment